" A house is made of wood and beams but a home is made from love and dreams."
This is an excerpt from a very famous poem written by Lorraine M. Halli. The poetess has beautifully captured the beauty of the home. 'Home' is not just a place to live, it is an emotion, and it is a beautiful aspect of our life. We want our home to have positive energy all the time. However, it might not be possible to ensure that our home never has a speck of negativity in our house. But there are some ways to prevent the entry of negative energy and remove the existing one in your house.
If your home doesn't have a constant flow of positive energy then it could be due to the Vastu problem. Vastu problems are notorious when it comes to removing or getting rid of them. The older the problem is, the harder it gets to get rid of it. So what can we do about it?
Well, one of the most reliable ways to correct a Vastu problem at home is by having a Brass Buddha Statue in your home. The brass Buddha statues have a significant effect on reducing or even removing Vastu problems.
Brass Buddha Statue - Types & Significance
- Medicine Buddha Statue - Medicine Buddha is known for his healing abilities and the power to prevent diseases from spreading in the body or others. He is famously called 'Bhaisajyaguru'. He is one of the Bodhisattvas. Medicine Buddha's realm is called Pure Lapis Lazuli.
You can identify the medicine Buddha from another statue by checking the position of his hand. In the idol of Medicine Buddha, his left hand is shown with a bowl and the other hand is shown as resting on his knee or raised till shoulder level to bless his devotees.
It is believed if the Brass Buddha Statue is kept in the room of a sick person then the positive flow of energy helps in the fast recovery of that person.
- Meditative Buddha Statue - Meditative Buddha is better known by his name Amitabha which means infinite light. The meditative Buddha is said to be the Buddha of infinite light. He is the master of West Pure Land.
He is believed to be the most compassionate bodhisattvas. The Buddha statue can be easily identified with its meditative posture as shown in the picture.
It is believed that if one keeps this statue near their meditative area or home. The positive energy will constantly flow from the Buddha idol. Which will help in removing all kinds of negativity present in the area.
- Sleeping Buddha Statue - The Sleeping Buddha Statue is the representation of the demise of Gautam Buddha. The founder of Buddhism is believed to be entering Mahanirvana. Hence this should not be seen as something to be sad and upset about instead it should be seen as a lesson that nothing is permanent.
If a person is suffering from a nightmare and is unable to sleep then keeping a Sleeping Buddha statue is said to bring positive waves of energy which will help attain peaceful sleep.
- Buddha Head Statue - This is a rather modern and contemporary piece of art that represents the wisdom of Buddha who is still on his journey to find the truth of life. In this picture of Buddha's head we can see a beautiful usage of symbolism like his half-open eyes means that his eyes can see both Earth and the spiritual realm.
Despite Buddha Head being a modern piece of art it is very popular among people as an art sculpture or a piece of Attraction. Besides its artistic merits, we can place it to eliminate negativity in the atmosphere. Having a Buddha statue at home ensures a positive flow of energy.
Benefits of Having Brass Buddha Statues at Home.
- Removes Negativity: A famous quote goes like Don't judge people, especially when you don't know what they're going through. This statement explains how strenuous someone's life can be. When one is in a constant state of having negative emotions like guilt, sadness, anger, frustration, annoyance, stress, depression, etc then there is a high chance that there is negativity looming around that person.
There are many people who believe that they feel negative around some people or places. So what can we do to rectify this? One of the most popular methods is to have a Meditative Brass Buddha Statue. It is believed that Amitabha or as we say meditative Buddha is the Buddha of Infinite Light. His infinite light will fill the atmosphere and remove all the negativity present in the atmosphere.
- Recovery ailments: A healthy body is the first step towards living your dream life. Each one of us wants to feel like we can move mountains on a daily basis. Now imagine that you are ready to take over the world but then you got sick and now your spirit is damped with illness. No one wants that.
There are many ways to prevent being sick. But we must also take our atmosphere's energy into consideration as well.
In Tibet, China, and other South Asian countries it is believed that if a person is under the protection of Medicine Buddha popularly known as Bhaisajyaguru, then the person will not fall sick easily and get healthy quickly.
- Removes Vastu Dosh: Home is not just a four-lettered word but more of a bunch of emotions that we feel and experience that we got through with a partner or our beloved family members. Everyone on this Earth wants to live a peaceful life, and the most memorable moments are made in our homes.
We try our best to protect our family from harm but many times our home is the reason for our distress without knowing so. I am talking about the notorious and hard-to-spot Vastu dosha. These are very hard to find and harder to get rid of. There are many ways to reduce the effects of Vastu dosha.
One of the most sought-after ways to get a Buddha Statue for our homes. It is believed by Vastu experts that if a place that has Vastu dosha gets a Buddha statue then it can lower the adverse effects of Vastu doshas. It is seen in some cases that with the help of the correct placement of Buddha statues, the place can get rid of Vastu dosha completely.
- Attain higher spirituality: In Buddhism, people believe that all the people who are on this Earth are lost children of Buddha who have lost their way to godhood. The people who realize this try to get back on the path of Godhood. Many people take it as a journey to return to their real homes. There are a lot of ways to get back on the path of godhood.
Buddhist monks and priests are seen to chant with beads, meditate in front of a Buddha statue and offer him homage. They pay their respect to the Buddha statue by offering him fruits, flowers, water, and incense on a daily basis. It is said that if a person meditates in front of Buddha's idols then it gets easier to meditate and focus on oneself.
- Peaceful sleep: After a day of working hard, we all want to fall into bed and sleep away our tiredness. Right, but some people are not fortunate enough to get a whole night's sleep. Many people suffer from the inability to sleep at night or get plagued with nightmares. It could be due to stress and other negative emotions bottled up throughout the day.
Many people believe that by having a Buddha idol around them they are able to sleep better at night. It could be due to the fact that the Buddha idols are an interrupted source of positivity which will help in the removal of negativity around its atmosphere. As a result, the person is able to sleep better at night.
Vastu tips to keep in mind
There are different types of Buddha statues present in the market which have varied significance in accordance with their posture. We want to have a Buddha statue to get his blessings and love. Many Vastu experts believe that having a Buddha statue at home will reduce and in some cases completely remove the Vastu Dosha. It is extremely important to ensure you place it correctly and respectfully to get optimal benefits from the statue.
We have listed some important Vastu tips to remember while placing the Brass Buddha statue.
- Don't keep a Buddha statue on a shoe rack.
- Buddha statues are a powerhouse of positive energy so make sure that you don't keep them locked in a closet or trunk.
- Always keep the brass buddha Statue on an elevated platform preferably a few feet high.
- It is considered disrespectful to Lord Buddha if his statue is placed inside the bathroom or toilet.
- Always keep the statue of Lord Buddha in a well-lit, airy room.
- The place where you have placed the statue of Lord Buddha should be clean and tidy.
- If you are planning to install a Lord Buddha statue in your temple then you have to offer water, flowers, fruit, incense, and prayers to it to pay respect and homage.
Hello, there we have tried to explain about different types and significance of Buddha statues in accordance with the Vastu of a home.
Hope it was helpful. Thank you for reading